Monday, June 11, 2012

SUSPENSION OF VOTER'S REGISTRATION


SUSPENSION OF THE SYSTEM OF CONTINUING
REGISTRATION OF VOTERS

The Commission on Elections issued Resolution No. 6443, dated June 08, 2012 temporarily suspending the system of registration of voters and validation of registration records in selected non-ARMM areas  starting June 25, 2012 to July 31, 2012 to  pave way  to the July 09-18, 2012 conduct of General Registration of Voters in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.

Non-ARMM personnel and equipments will be augmented in said registration of voters in order to effect an honest and credible list of voters to attain its mandate to establish a clean, complete, permanent and updated list of voters in the ARMM in preparation for the forthcoming May 13, 2013 National & Local Elections.

Resumption of registration of voters and validation of registration records to non-ARMM affected areas were set on August 1, 2012. 

The conduct of general registration was due to the annulment of the previous Book of Voters of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao by a joint resolution of the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VOTERS' PLEDGE

I am a Responsible and Principled Citizen.

I will educate myself and others about the issues at hand so that my vote is a meaningful and relevant exercise of my right of suffrage.

I pledge to vote for candidates who will abide by the duly constituted rules on campaigning because I understand that those who refuse to obey the law in the little things are not likely to obey the law in the more important things;

I pledge to vote for candidates who, by word and action, renounce violence, coercion, vote-buying, and corruption as means for getting elected;

I pledge to vote for the candidates who listen to their constituents and are responsive to the needs and aspirations of those they seek to represent;

I pledge to vote as my conscience dictates in all elections.

I make these promises freely and upon my honor.

(This Voter Pledge was read at the Unity Walk of 13 January 2013, by COMELEC Commissioner Elias R. Yusoph)

SOURCE: NAMFREL