By operation of law the Board of Election Inspectors is a duly constituted authority to conduct elections provided in Article XIV of Batas Pambansa Blg. 881 otherwise known as the Omnibus Election Code of the Philippines and other pertinent laws.
- Must be a public school teacher, with good moral character and irreproachable reputation.
- Registered voter of the municipality.
- Has never been convicted of any election offense or with pending information of election offense or any other crime in courts or Comelec.
- Able to speak, read and write English or local dialect.
- Must be an Information Technology-capable person duly certified by Department of Science and Technology. (Republic Act No. 9369).
The appointee or his/her spouse must not be related with any member of the Board where he/she was assigned or to any candidates for the election within the fourth civil degree of consanguinity or affinity.
As the official representative of the Commission on Elections in the municipality, the Election Officer constitutes and appoints the member of the Board of Election Inspectors. The Election Officer ensures that each constituted and appointed members of the Board of Election Inspectors is in accordance with pertinent laws, rules, regulations issued by the Commission on Elections.